During the working sessions the Congress will address the most pressing issues in the field of environmental protection. More specifically, the topics will touch upon issues of environmental management and improvement of the environment, monitoring and control of environmental safety, the role of ecology in the economy. Some topics will also address different experiences of the regions.
The Congress also plans to discuss a wide range of issues related to public policy and national security of raw materials, the current state of public administration in the field of nature conservation and environmental protection.
One of the most important topics will be the organization of environmental monitoring at various levels. The separate discussion will take place to reexamine the effectiveness of existing legislation and law enforcement in the field of public environmental supervision and environmental protection.
In addition, the following important topics will be discussed during the Congress:
- The efficiency of water supply and sanitation services in the regions of the Russian Federation;
- Forest management , forest management planning and certification;
- The problem of forest diseases and sanitary felling, fire and environmental safety;
- The protection of rare and endangered species of flora and fauna;
- The problem of poaching: the causes and possible solutions;
- The development of protected natural areas on federal and regional levels
- Protection of the environment during the construction and operation of sports infrastructure : the experience of XXVI Summer Universiade in Kazan (2013), the ecological situation during the course of preparation and after the XXII Olympic Winter Games in Sochi (2014) and the FIFA World Cup in Russia (2018);
- Problems of environmental protection in civil societ;
- Public involvement in protection of environment and eco- volunteering;
- Relationship between authorities and social movements: their interaction and points of contact;
- Bridging the information gap and participation of social organizations and private business to ensure the protection of the environment;
- The requirements of social organizations for environmental safety;
- The opinion of business and technological solutions to minimize damage to nature, the openness of companies to public scrutiny.
Particular attention will be given to topics discussing ecological culture in the society and the government support of ideological, cultural, educational and legislative initiatives.
Environmental education and awareness, as well as training and certification of personnel will be considered as necessary conditions for conservation and sustainable development of biological resources in nature.
In addition, during the Congress there will be presentations discussing the environmental ratings and indexes as key elements of sustainable development in the cities and enterprises.
There will also be a special program called Zero Negative Impact on the Environment, as well as anti-rating of landfills.
One of the most important events of the Congress will be the presentation session of innovative ideas, projects and technologies in the field of ecology and environmental protection. It will be held at the eco — exhibition displayed during the Congress.
During the three days, from 2nd to 4th December, 2013, delegates will attend more than 20 round tables, discussions and presentations , as well as two key conferences: The Current State of the Environment Protection: What has Changed in 10 years and Environmental Aspects of Regional Policy.
During the Congress there will be an official announcement of the launch of the National action Alley of Russia, which will result in planting the alley of 83 plants, chosen by vote as symbols of each of the 83 subjects of the Russian Federation.
As a part of the Congress there will be Harmony with Nature Award of V.M. Peskov given out for the best article on the environment.
On December 2nd the reception will be held on behalf of the Minister of Natural Resources and the Environment S.E. Donskoi at the Crocus City Hall.
On December 4th the first youth environmental forum will be held at Crocus Expo where the possibility of creating a new youth environmental movement will be discussed. The initial team for this movement can be formed from the forum delegates from Russia and foreign countries.
On December 4th during the final meeting of the Congress delegates will vote and accept the Resolution, which will determine the environmental policy of Russia in the long term.
IV All-Russian Congress of Environmental Protection will become the final major event of the year. The work done during the Congress and its final resolution will not only give a new direction to the implementation of the environmental policy in Russia, but also determine the country’s development strategy in the field of environmental law for many decades to come.